Monday, March 24, 2008

Richard Vorreyer - Arrested Child Molester


A neighborhood can't believe one of their own is in jail tonight charged with child molestation and aggravated sexual battery.

Fifty year old Richard Vorreyer of Perry is in the Houston County jail while sheriff's deputies investigate.

"It's hard to trust your kids around anybody because you don't know. I mean, I would've never guessed he would've done something like this," said neighbor Tina Watkins.

She said she lives down the street from Vorreyer and does maintenance work in the Pecan Grove Trailer Park in Perry.

Perry Police Captain Heath Dykes said Vorreyer went to police and confessed to molesting children.

Now Houston County investigators are trying to find out if other kids in Houston County and Georgia could be victims.

"We're all in shock," Watkins said. "I mean, like I said, I mean, he's been in our house. You know the kids are always going up to him. He's a real friendly guy. This is just unbelievable."

Watkins husband Win agreed. "Makes you wonder about the safety of your kids. It just, it scares you to death. I don't know what to think."

They say dozens of kids live in the neighborhood.

Neighbors say Vorreyer's daughter is the trailer park's landlord.

No one answered when we went to the leasing office.

Sergeant Keel Broom with the Houston County Sheriff's Office said he can't comment on the case because it's under investigation.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't know you guys, but I am one of the Aunts of the children who this man has harmed. I just wanted to thank you for putting this up. And to say he is in Prison now.