Sunday, October 19, 2008

Pedophile burns girl alive for resisting

PEDOPHILE!


An 11-year-old girl was on Saturday set on fire in Jaipur by a man she considered her grand uncle. The child may not survive but she has managed to make a statement to the police.

The girl is fighting to stay alive in hospital with 90 per cent burn injuries. She has said that her grand uncle tried to burn her alive after she resisted his sexual advances. The girl had gone to the shop of the accused when he lured her into another room and tried to molest her. (Watch)

"He said come and lie down next to me. When I refused and said I will call my father, he abused my father and tried to burn me," said the victim.

"The girl ran out to the road burning. I was sitting in my room when she ran there. We tried to put out the flames and took her to hospital," said Salim Qoreshi, an eyewitness.

Doctors say that the girl's condition is critical. The accused is now in police custody but the incident has shocked the girl's parents, who are finding it difficult to believe how a familiar neighbourhood face could do such a thing.

No comments: