Thursday, October 9, 2008

Raymond Lampson - Repeat Sex Offender busted AGAIN


A convicted sex offender was arrested after police said he tried to solicit sex with woman and their underage children online.

Investigators said Raymond Lampson chatted with a detective who he thought was a 13-year-old girl.

Lampson wrote that he was "dominant." He also said, "I'm an old guy but I teach girls like you. I'm asking if you want to become the most popular girl in school."

Police searched Lampson's home and removed computers, sex books and toys, and underwear, Ludlow reported. He was charged with importuning.

"That stuff sickens me," said Irene Carey, who lives next door with her six daughters. "There are plenty of kids around here. There are plenty of single women around here."

Becky Staley, who lives across the street, said she knew Lampson and his mother.

"Did you know he's a convicted sex offender?" Ludlow asked.

"No, I didn't know that," Staley said.

Lampson was convicted in 2003 of sex crimes involving a minor, Ludlow reported.

"I'm glad you informed me, I'm glad somebody has informed us because nobody else has," Carey said. "Like I said, we've seen cops out there like crazy but didn't know what was going on."

He was scheduled to be in court on Friday.

"25% of all sex offenders re-offend within 15 years"
.........Sarah Tofte

No comments: